15 Reasons to Visit Gunnison Nude Beach
Friday, February 08, 2008
Polar bear swims are the one thing I will never do!
Give me warm weather and a nude beach, please!
One of the best ways for a nudist to remain positive is to think about warm beaches, to visualize the ocean, and to feel the comfort of the surrounding warm air.
You may have heard of Gunnison Beach, a popular nude beach in New Jersey. It's a small part of the Sandy Hook National Park peninsula.
Did you know there is more to do in the area than just the nude beach?
Of course, nothing beats the freedom from clothes that a nudist destination offers. But Sandy Hook park offers other attractions besides just Gunnison Beach.
Activities Requiring Clothing:
These things are not nude activities, but they are still fun diversions and a reason to consider spending a weekend at or near the beach.
- Biking/walking or inline skating on the 5 mile multi-use path
- Hiking on the various Sandy Hook trails
- Seeing the Sandy Hook Lighthouse, the oldest one in the US
- Looking for species of birds and butterflies that have been spotted in the park:
- 340 species of birds
- 50 species of butterflies
After all of that activity, lounging on the nude beach the way Mother Nature intended sounds like a great way to relax. While on the nude beach, there are fun things you can do:
- Have a nude picnic lunch
- Read a book
- Take a nap
- Go for a swim
- Play a board game or a card game
- Play Frisbee
- Friends of Gunnison Beach - a non-landed AANR nudist club, they play an important part in making Gunnison what it is today!
- National Park Service Website: Things to do at Sandy Hook
- A Guide to Sandy Hook
- "Sandy Hook: A Different Sort of Beach"
- Sandy Hook Bird Observatory
And if New Jersey is too far away for you, consider western Canada's Wreck Beach (that I recently visited). Located in Vancouver, it has plenty of charm.